Travelling by air:
- Make sure your baby’s and your passport is up to date.
- If you are travelling abroad. Have a full medical check up for the baby and make sure than he/she has the appropriate immunization.
- Take enough medication to last the whole trip.
- Never rely on airplane food. Pack enough food and snacks for the baby’s need for the whole flight.
- If the baby is on formula. Pack an extra can just in case. Foreign countries do not use the same brands as the US.
- Arrange for suitable seating. Most airlines will reserve you the front seats where you’ll have more legroom.
- Book in advance.
- Make sure you have all the confirmation numbers at hand.
- Arrive early and board early to have time to settle down.
- Make sure the baby has a pacifier or a bottle to suck on during take off and landing. It will help alleviate the pressure in the inner ear.
- Give the baby a lot to drink during the flight to avoid dehydration.
- Leave the plane last and give yourself plenty of time gathering your belongings.
- TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND DON’T RUSH. You are traveling with a baby.