- Buy over the counter pregnancy test
- Choose a healthcare provider
- Make appointment to confirm pregnancy
- Note the date of the first day of your last period
Discuss with your Health Care Provider
- Your baby delivery due date
- Any medication you are taking
- Prenatal multivitamins, folic acid and other supplements to take
- Starting a gentle exercise regimen
- REST….. Schedule it during the day and make it happen…..Don’t overdo
- Focus on the positive. You will always find something to worry about. Take time to relax.
- Morning sickness: eat light, eat often.
- Make a list of foods to avoid
- Stop smoking and alcohol
- Discuss with partner or family when to make the announcement at work and decide on maternity leave date
- Tell friends and family